With all the snow we've had (basically 3 days in a row of it), it got to where I had nowhere for the snowthrower to throw it.
Then of course, it warms up (and rains). Almost all of the snow (over a foot) is now pretty much gone. Our once invisible Christmas lights in the yard out front are now visible again.
Santa brought me Guitar Hero World Tour (Wii) this year. It's the set that comes with the drums, mic, and guitar. I've only played Guitar Hero one time prior to owning it, and was somewhat hooked, but could never convince my wife that we should buy it. We played it for 4 hours straight the first night we had it, mostly swapping out between guitar and mic (because drums are a little loud, though obviously not as loud as the real thing). It's an interesting setup. . .
I was kind of surprised that there was a base drum pedal included, but more surprised to see a MIDI input on the drum kit. As far as I can tell, there's a piece of software for PC that you can use a USB to MIDI connector and adjust the sensitivity of the drum set. From what little I know of MIDI, that's kind of odd, but I guess I don't know that much.
Of course, another odd thing I discovered was an RJ11 (telephone) jack on the guitar. I haven't even googled to find out what that's for yet.
It's got a pretty good mix of songs, though there's a bunch of european stuff that isn't in English, so it's a bit annoying on the vocals. I'm still playing on guitar on beginner, working up through medium, but we've played through most of the career part already. There's a couple of things you have to "buy", but we have to earn a bit more money for that.
You can also use Wii points to buy individual songs (supposedly due to the way the Wii download stuff works it can't get groups of songs, which means some stuff that's available for XBox 360 isn't for Wii, since some bands apparently want to force bundle songs - according to the message forums for GH. Stupid limitation. They could have basically made it a tarball and untarred it on the receiving end).
And you should see a 2.5 year old on drums. . .and mic. . .and guitar. . .all while we're trying to play those instruments as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun xmas Tom. What did Santa bring for KayLee?
By the way, the RJ11 on the guitar -- I think you're supposed to learn how to pluck DTMF, call someone, and ask "Do you feel like we do?"
No plucking. . .it's almost, but not quite, entirely unlike a guitar. But it does make me wonder if you can reach DTMF tones with a guitar. I used to have a toy that could do it when I was a kid. . .
Turns out that it's probably for a future accessory, such as a distortion or wah pedal.
Post a Comment